At Montessori School of Evergreen, we offer students a caring and nurturing environment in which to learn. Our teachers strive to educate the whole child taking into account his intellectual, artistic, athletic, and psychosocial needs. The key facts listed below may give you some insight into how we provide your child with a foundation of excellence that is the hallmark of an MSE education.
- Since 1977, Montessori School of Evergreen has provided students with a high-quality education based on the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori, the founder of the Montessori philosophy of education, who understood that all children are born with unique strengths and challenges and learn best when their education is individualized just for them.
- Montessori School of Evergreen is a co-educational institution that provides 215 students from toddler – eighth grade a Montessori education that fosters academic excellence, self-reliance, and independence.
- MSE is accredited by the Association of Colorado Independent Schools (ACIS) and the American Montessori Society (AMS). MSE is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS).
- We are a school that looks forward and we are always evaluating how best practices and current trends will fit in with the Montessori philosophy.
- Our dedicated faculty hails from some of the most prestigious colleges and universities worldwide, offering our students a nurturing and caring environment in which to learn. We provide our faculty with current professional development opportunities, and the teachers attend a variety of seminars each year including School for All Kinds of Minds and Orton Gillingham Training.
- The Montessori method continues to be touted as an example of what we should be doing in national conversations about education. Forbes sited the Montessori pedagogy as one of the most powerful ways to fix education, Harvard wrote about Montessori and Innovators, and the Wall Street Journal determined in an article entitled “The Montessori Mafia” that the surest way for parents to ensure their children would join the creative elite was to send them to a Montessori school.
- Research demonstrates the advantages of a Montessori education. A recent study in Science Magazine concludes that Montessori-educated students proved to be significantly better prepared for elementary school in reading and math skills and have an increased ability to adapt to changing and more complex problems which indicates future school and life success.
- We pride ourselves on offering a low student-to-teacher ratio (7:1) because we know it makes a difference in the student experience from academic performance to the strong mentoring relationships that happen between our students and teachers.
- Our commitment to interdisciplinary teaching and learning is unequaled. At Montessori School of Evergreen, our students learn about a specific subject in all subject areas from social studies to the arts.
- Guided by the Montessori philosophy, MSE students regularly engage in curriculum that is designed to help them become global citizens and understand the interconnected nature of our world. Under the leadership of a dedicated faculty, they are offered a multitude of opportunities to make connections across the globe, including an international trip every spring traveling to practice language skills and engage in service work.
- At Montessori School of Evergreen, each child is expected to uphold the Montessori method’s code of respect and dignity for oneself and each other. We are proud of our C.A.R.E. (Compassion, Attitude, Respect, and Excellence) Character Program, because it reflects the commitment we have to an inclusive and respectful community that is true to the Montessori philosophy.
- Every student at our school learns how he can make a difference in the world by participating regularly in community outreach programs. Our students are engaged in over 300 hours of service learning per year.
- At Montessori School of Evergreen, students have numerous opportunities for hands-on learning, as they participate in more than 80 experiential trips off campus from preschool to middle school. From the Kinder Year Night Hike to the 8th year trip to the United Nations in New York, our students learn by doing.
- We offer families two campuses to meet the needs of our families. The Marshdale campus is located at the south side of Evergreen and the Troutdale campus is located at the north side of Evergreen. Click here for more contact information.
- We offer families a convenient bus service that operates between our two campuses by the Senior Resource Center.
- Parents give regularly of their time, talent, and treasure to the school. We estimate that parents donate over 10,000 hours of service each year to our school. For more information about an MSE education, please contact us by phone at (303) 674-0093 or by email at email@example.com.
“This is the first duty of an educator; stir up life, but leave it free to develop.”
— Maria Montessori